The Great List of Open License RPGs

Sounds good! Noted for the future.

1 Appreciation

I’ve:

• Changed the link for The GLOG Hack (it was for the Italian edition) and added its description
  • Changed the link for Whitebox (it was for the Italian edition), fixed the title and added its description
  • Added two editions of Basic Fantasy RPG (they have different licenses, so I’ve placed them in two different places)
3 Appreciations

Updated the descriptions for DURF, Ironsworn, Minimald6, Trophy and the D&D 5.1 SRD, and added Opening The Dark, Caltrop Core, Capers, Iron Falcon, and Dominion Rules!

3 Appreciations

Added descriptions (and some small branding tweaks) for:

Circles of Power
GUMSHOE
Legacy
Masks: A New Generation
Resistance Toolbox
Wretched and Alone

I had a question about Legacy. The game itself is formally called Legacy: Life Among the Ruins, but the SRD is called The World of Legacy (the difference being analogous to the difference between Blades in the Dark and Forged in the Dark). I didn’t update the title on this one since it would seriously alter the alphabetical ordering. :laughing: But is there a standard we want to follow regarding game name vs. SRD name?

2 Appreciations

That’s a good question. I guess, let’s go with the SRD title, if it’s different (that’s the actual work that’s released under a free culture license), however let’s also mention the commercial title of the game right next to it in the description.

1 Appreciation

I’ve added my own version of The Pool, linking the other thread.

Added descriptions for Fantasy World, Grok?!, In the Light of a Ghost Star, and Lady Blackbird.

1 Appreciation

This (putting the license name/link and putting the game name in the description) is what I did for the Pelgrane 13th Age license/SRD. It makes sense because then we can (for example) put games that branch off of a particular OGL under that one. (For example I think a lot of D20 era OGL games would benefit from being grouped together under D&D 3/3.5.)

2 Appreciations

Added:

• Basic and Generic
  • D&D 3, 3.5, Pathfinder 1 and 2 (though 2 is in a transition to a new license)
  • Basic Roleplaying (similarly to Pathfinder 2 above, it may soon be moving to ORC, or already has)
  • EABA
  • Cypher
  • Crazy 8s
2 Appreciations

As promised/threatened, I added several “total conversion” D20 era games as well as several that more or less completely dedicated themselves to open content (Mars jumps out here.) I also found the Year Zero licensing agreement and added it.

Edit: Of course right after I did this I remembered Active Exploits, hunted it down and added it.

1 Appreciation

The original description of Trophy made it sound like Cthulhu Dark was based on it, whereas in fact it’s the other way around. I adjusted the text to reflect this (and added Trophy Gold). Just a tiny nitpick, but why not be accurate!

4 Appreciations

Whoops! Mistake on my part, thanks for the correction

1 Appreciation

Understood! I’ve updated the entry accordingly.

2 Appreciations

I’ve updated the link and added a description to Paladin

I updated some descriptions and fixed some minor errors (i.e. Iron Falcon is a OD&D retroclone, not AD&D)

1 Appreciation

I put the bullet points back on the “sub-D&D3 OGL” game list; they’re games that fall into the subcategory defined in the D&D3/3.5/Pathfinder/Starfinder category above.

2 Appreciations

Added a description for The Plant.

1 Appreciation

I added several entries: this link might be of interest to people searching for more:

https://itch.io/search?q=SRD

3 Appreciations

Sorry to underline that SCP RPG, while based on CC material, it is indeed not, except for information taken directly from the SCP Foundation wiki

1 Appreciation

This is a quote from the table of contents/contributors for the SCP RPG:

“Content relating to the SCP Foundation, including the SCP Foundation logo, is licensed under Creative Commons Sharealike 3.0 and all concepts originate from http://www.scpwiki.com and its authors. SCP The Tabletop RPG, being derived from this content, is hereby also released under Creative Commons Sharealike 3.0”

1 Appreciation