The Great List of Open License RPGs

As promised/threatened, I added several “total conversion” D20 era games as well as several that more or less completely dedicated themselves to open content (Mars jumps out here.) I also found the Year Zero licensing agreement and added it.

Edit: Of course right after I did this I remembered Active Exploits, hunted it down and added it.

1 Appreciation

The original description of Trophy made it sound like Cthulhu Dark was based on it, whereas in fact it’s the other way around. I adjusted the text to reflect this (and added Trophy Gold). Just a tiny nitpick, but why not be accurate!

4 Appreciations

Whoops! Mistake on my part, thanks for the correction

1 Appreciation

Understood! I’ve updated the entry accordingly.

2 Appreciations

I’ve updated the link and added a description to Paladin

I updated some descriptions and fixed some minor errors (i.e. Iron Falcon is a OD&D retroclone, not AD&D)

1 Appreciation

I put the bullet points back on the “sub-D&D3 OGL” game list; they’re games that fall into the subcategory defined in the D&D3/3.5/Pathfinder/Starfinder category above.

2 Appreciations

Added a description for The Plant.

1 Appreciation

I added several entries: this link might be of interest to people searching for more:

https://itch.io/search?q=SRD

3 Appreciations

Sorry to underline that SCP RPG, while based on CC material, it is indeed not, except for information taken directly from the SCP Foundation wiki

1 Appreciation

This is a quote from the table of contents/contributors for the SCP RPG:

“Content relating to the SCP Foundation, including the SCP Foundation logo, is licensed under Creative Commons Sharealike 3.0 and all concepts originate from http://www.scpwiki.com and its authors. SCP The Tabletop RPG, being derived from this content, is hereby also released under Creative Commons Sharealike 3.0”

1 Appreciation

My bad, I oversaw it in the credits

1 Appreciation

I added some more journaling game engine SRDs and some translated license pages (Spanish.)

4 Appreciations

Added OSRIC, Cthulhu Eternal, the Sad Games collection and a few others. Probably we should break out the Sad Games engines because they’re all standalone and all are under Creative Commons. (I also am a little alarmed at it being kept on Google Docs; someone who wants to use them should ‘Make a Copy’ to their own Drive as quickly as possible!)

2 Appreciations

I’m also fine with exporting them as PDFs and hosting them here! Since it’s CC, it’s legal anyways.

1 Appreciation

Hey Roberto, I was looking around for ORC and 1) I couldn’t find a link to the final, comprehensive version of the license, and 2) I couldn’t find that BRP has actually been placed under it, or any other game. Pathfinder 2 was going to be placed under it (though i think it would also stay under the OGL 1.0a since it was already placed there) but I can’t find any announcement saying it had actually happened/been done. Any thoughts on this?

1 Appreciation

This is the announcement from Chaosium

https://www.chaosium.com/orclicense/

1 Appreciation

Excellent. Maybe we should put up a ORC section here.

Feel free! ORC definitely fits here if rhe OGL 1.0a does.

As luck would have it, I happened upon an SRD released today that’s explicitly under the ORC License, so I added that section to the wiki post as well as the Badger + Coyote SRD.

2 Appreciations