Establishing Culture---Part I

Yes, this is definitely a good practice. It’s just not… what most people do.

So, in Claudio’s case, I am very happy to see that he’s legitimately doing as he says he’s doing. That’s admirable and exciting to see. It’s a good approach.

I strongly disagree with the situation that took place regarding Jason, for instance, and I feel I can say this openly here, which is just as wonderful as it is rare. Claudio and I can disagree, and still move forward. I respect that.

1 Appreciation

Yeah, nothing wrong with disagreeing here.

1 Appreciation

I’ve restored Jason’s relationship map thread to Your Instruments, as it was suggested here. I’m likely to give Jason back his account, if he wishes to return, but only after an email conversation with him has taken place and I’m comfortable he has understood the purpose and intended vibe of this forum.

I’ve also split the inappropriate content from Brand’s thread, so the original thread can go back to Actual Play. @LordPersi’s content in that thread has returned to Actual Play in the form of a new thread which exclude the offending phrases. I’m not reversing Brand’s suspension, but I’m still reflecting on different action that I may take.

@Deliverator’s thread is staying in Hidden/Off-Topic pending a conversation with him regarding it, but I’m likely to allow it to return in one form or another—either on its own as a new thread linking to the old one.

I’m also going to put in place a policy on progressive action on my part, which I’ll pledge to follow, which will include no account wipes unless requested by the user, and no permabans without prior warning. This should ease people’s fears about being summarily banned on my whim.

Thanks for all feedback that has been given in public and in private.

3 Appreciations

I really like the reorganizing that has taken place, thanks, Claudio. This allows us to keep discussing some of the interesting topics without rehashing any disagreements - lovely moderating job here!

This seems excellent!

1 Appreciation

The new announcement is taking a while to draft, so I ask for everyone’s patience in this matter. But to be brief, the provisions in the announcement of this thread are going to be nullified and replaced with much softened ones.

1 Appreciation

It’s been published. I’ll close this topic and we can move the conversation there.